Carbon Reduction Plan
6th February 2023
Ovidius Medical Ltd is committed to achieving Net Zero emissions by 2050.
1.Baseline Emissions Footprint
Baseline emissions are a record of the greenhouse gases that have been produced in the past and were produced prior to the introduction of any strategies to reduce emissions. Baseline emissions are the reference point against which emissions reduction can be measured.
2. Emissions reduction targets
3. To continue our progress to achieving Net Zero, we have adopted the following carbon reduction targets.
·We project that carbon emissions will decrease over the next five years to 40 tCO2e by 2027. This is a reduction of 36.5%
4.Carbon Reduction Projects
Completed Carbon Reduction Initiatives
The following environmental management measures and projects have been completed or implemented since the 2022 baseline.
· Ovidius Medical Ltd is a paperless Company, we no longer provide any customer brochures, and all customer communication is electronic. All internal documents and communications are also paperless.
· Plastic reduction – employees that travel on customer visits take water bottles and reusable coffee cups to reduce the number of emissions from producing plastic.
· In 2021 Ovidius Medical Ltd changed the third-party courier supplier to utilise a shared service courier and reduce emissions from our transportation activities.
In the future we hope to implement further measures such as:
· Reduction on business travel, further transitioning to virtual meetings where possible.
· Assessment of road travel vehicles and transition to more efficient cars.
5.Declaration and Sign Off
This Carbon Reduction Plan has been completed in accordance with PPN 06/21 and associated guidance and reporting standard for Carbon Reduction Plans.
Emissions have been reported and recorded in accordance with the published reporting standard for Carbon Reduction Plans and the GHG Reporting Protocol corporate standard and uses the appropriate Government emission conversion factors for greenhouse gas company reporting.
As a company with less than 36 GBP million annual turnover, Ovidius Medical ltd is not required to report emissions in accordance with SECR requirements.
Ovidius Medical Ltd have used the sources cited in the report above to generate the annual emissions for Scope 1, 2 and 3.
This Carbon Reduction Plan has been reviewed and signed off by the board of directors.
Policy 1.0 – February 2023
The carbon reduction plan will be reviewed annually by the directors